IUIS-SMI-ALACI IMMUNO-MEXICO 2024
8-12 APRIL 2024
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course will show how the understanding of modern immunology concepts and mechanisms leads to the development of novel or repurposed treatments. Particularly, the advances in CAR T cell therapy, antibody-drug conjugates, immunomodulators, and their broad applications in oncology, infectious diseases, and autoimmunity.
Our goal is to bring together trainees and mentors to promote the career progression of Latin American immunologists.
This 5-day course is open to graduate students, medical students, fellows, and early career academics working on translational immunology-related subjects. We aim to enroll 40-50 students, mostly from Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Applicants will be requested to provide a letter of motivation, a short CV, a letter of support from their supervisor, and an abstract to be presented as a poster.
- Selected students will receive partial or full funding to cover registration, accommodation, and travel expenses. Applicants are encouraged to apply for other sources of funding as the budget is limited
- Successful candidates will be notified by December 18, 2023.
- All selected participants must complete an online pre-course on the Immunopaedia website starting the week of February 19, 2024.
Renowned scientists, both local and international, will be teaching this course.
- Modulation of peripheral tolerance
- Metabolic adaptation to pathogenic milieu
- Suppression in the context of disease
- Redirecting cytotoxicity
- Reigniting immunity
- Novel therapeutic strategies
- Grant writing
- Poster Sessions …and more!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 17, 2023
How to Apply
Download the Application PDF, fill it in carefully and in FULL
(incomplete applications will be rejected)
Note: This is a PDF Form – fill in the boxes in Adobe Acrobat
Save your PDF as your Firstname-Lastname.pdf
Fill in the below digital form below carefully and upload your pdf