Immuno-Colombia 2021 Report
The aim of the present course is to gather immunology PhD students and fellows in clinical specialties such as oncology, rheumatology, hematology and allergy among others, to discuss the immunological basis underlying the development of novel immunotherapeutic approaches. The specific aims are:
- To review the immunological mechanisms and molecules targeted by the new immunotherapeutic strategies.
- To analyze the seminal research publications related to discovery and translation into clinical useful products.
- To understand the biotechnological processes required for the manufacturing of these immunotherapeutic agents.
- To review the clinical trials that demonstrate the efficacy of such treatments and their limitations.
- To understand the mechanisms of the immune-related adverse events occurring during treatment with these products.
- To get acquainted with the immunological monitoring procedures and biomarkers used for the follow-up of patients treated with these products.
- To review the possibilities for the development of new immunotherapeutic agents, as well as new possible applications.
All course´s activities will be on-line, 5 -16 April 2021 beginning at 8:00 (Colombia/US Eastern time), using the platform Zoom administered by the IMMUNOPAEDIA team. Faculty members teaching in the course have provided review papers to help build the online pre-course material.
|Carla Rothlin||An introductory overview of immunotherapy||Overview of Immunotherapy|
|Betsy Quackenbush||Check-points blockade-based therapies||Check-Points Blockade Based Therapies
|Dieter Kabelitz||Perspectives of gamma/delta T-cells for immunotherapy of Cancer||Cancer Immunotherapy with γδ T cells
|Sonia Guedan||CART-T(NK), armored CARs TRUCK therapies||CAR-T, armored CARs and CAR-NK therapies
|Gloria Vásquez||Anti-cytokines therapies||Anti-cytokines Therapies
|Soraya Zorro||TILS-based therapies||Tumor-infiltrating Lymphocytes (TIL)
|Augusto Ochoa||MDSC Promote Tumor Growth and Escape||MDSC Promote Tumor Growth and Escape
|Olivera Finn||Cancer vaccination||Cancer Vaccines
|Klaus Pantel||Immunological laboratory methods for patient’s follow-up|| Immunological lab methods for patient’s follow-up