Organisations and companies that work with Immunopaedia to realise our objectives of developing and disseminating Immunology education and knowledge world-wide.
International Union of Immunological Societies (IUIS)
The International Union of Immunological Societies (IUIS) is an umbrella organization for many of the regional and national societies of immunology throughout the world. The IUIS contributes to the staging of regular congresses, conferences and various educational activities in immunology.
The IUIS Education and Clinical Immunology Committees developed the concept of interactive regional workshops supported by preparatory online specific course modules to optimize contact teaching time. Immunological concepts, clinical findings as well as multiple illustrations are used to build dynamic courses. The adaptation and creation of online courses are managed and developed by Immunopaedia.
The IUIS has kindly sponsored Immunopaedia to support our endeavor to spread unique and specialised education to Immunology students and practitioners globally.
- promoting cooperation between societies that represent pharmacology and related disciplines throughout the world;
- sponsoring international and regional congresses and meetings, and helping in their organization by establishing advisory committees;
- encouraging international coordination and free exchange of scientists and of ideas in research,
- adhering to the ICSU Statute 6 concerning non-discrimination without regard to race, religion, political philosophy, ethnic origin, citizenship, language or gender;
- acting as a body through which pharmacologists can participate with other branches of science in international activities, either directly or under the aegis of international scientific bodies such as ICSU, WHO and UNESCO;
- helping in all ways the development of pharmacology throughout the world;
- promoting programs of public awareness on pharmacological issues.
- the Guide to PHARMACOLOGY – a collaboration between the British Pharmacological Society (BPS) and IUPHAR with funding from the International Council for Science and the Wellcome Trust. The Guide to PHARMACOLOGY is a searchable database with quantitative information on drug targets and the prescription medicines and experimental drugs that act on them.
Global Health Laboratories
Global Health Laboratories (GHL) is dedicated space on The Global Health Network to support knowledge exchange and skill-sharing between laboratories and research staff in resource-constrained settings. GHL is a free, open-access, online professional community designed for laboratory researchers and staff to exchange resources, knowledge and experience.
Registering is free and open to anyone working in Global Health. Everything you find within the Global Health Laboratories website has been provided by other laboratory researchers/staff and has been reviewed and approved by an expert panel.
Vaccines for Africa Initiative (VACFA)
The Vaccines for Africa Initiative (VACFA) is a non-profit academic unit founded in 2009 by Professor Gregory Hussey. VACFA are based in the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Cape Town within the Department of Public Health and Family Medicine. VACFA is a partnership of concerned individuals and organizations who have come together with a goal of increasing awareness of and promoting uptake of vaccines on the African continent.
VACFA provides a forum for the exchange of accurate, up-to-date and fully researched information on vaccines and immunization practices relevant to Africa for health professionals, policymakers, programme managers, parents, and the general public.