IUIS-FAIS-SANTHE-ISZ IMMUNO-ZAMBIA 2022
“BIG FOUR (COVID-19, HIV, TB and Malaria) infectious diseases”
Dates: 5 – 9th December 2022
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Venue: Cresta Golf View
The course will be on: Advanced immunology of the “BIG FOUR” (COVID-19, HIV, TB and Malaria) infectious diseases. 50 post-graduate students (Masters, PhD and post-doctoral fellows) drawn from Africa and beyond will be selected. More than 20 eminent scientists will lead the course. Our goal is to provide high quality immunology training and bring together African students and potential mentors to promote career progression of young African scientists.
All selected participants must complete an online pre-course on the Immunopaedia website starting the week of 24 October 2022.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
This 5-day course is open to graduate students enrolled in academic PhD programs and young postdocs engaged in Immunology related research projects.
- The candidates should have some level of research experience to benefit maximally.
- The course has 20 slots for students from the host country Zambia and 30 slots for international students. Female scientists are encouraged to apply.
- Students will be selected based on the quality of the abstract, track record of research output and academic excellence.
- There is a registration fee of $50 US.
- Selected students will receive partial or full funding to cover registration, accommodation and travel expenses.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for other sources of funding as the budget is limited.
- Successful candidates will be notified by September 12.
Deadline for application: 15 August 2022
HOW TO APPLY:
- PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING FORM – IMMUNO-ZAMBIA 2022 APPLICATION FORM.pdf
- Fill in the form in all required areas (partially completed forms will be rejected)
- Supervisors Letter should be saved as a image or pdf and uploaded to the required area
- Save the document as a PDF with your FULLNAME (First name, Last name) in the file name
- Fill in the digital form below and UPLOAD your application
Please note your PDF file must be 1MB or smaller
To reduce the size of your PDF file:
- In Abode Acrobat – Select “Save As” – Select “Reduced Size PDF” and save your file
- You can also use an online free service – www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf