Introduction to the 15th Annual African Vaccinology Course 2019
The Annual African Vaccinology Course (AAVC) is convened by Dr. Kagina, A/Prof Muloiwa, and Prof Hussey, of the University of Cape Town (UCT) and the Vaccine for Africa Initiative (VACFA). For the last consecutive 14 years, the AAVC has been a major success in enhancing vaccinology expertise in Africa. So far, about 1000 participants have been trained at the AAVC.
The 15th AAVC is designed to develop vaccinology expertise within Africa. The course provides selected participants with essential and up to date knowledge on vaccines and immunisation issues. The AAVC will provide an opportunity to the selected participants to discuss the successes, challenges & opportunities to improve immunisation programs in Africa.
The 15th AAVC Online Course
By taking the online pre-course, delegates will be introduced to relevant modules which will serve as a solid foundation of some of the concepts to be covered during the 15th AAVC.
- Overview of Vaccinology
- Basic Principles of Immunity
- Adverse Events Following Immunization
- Targeted Immunization
- Challenges Facing Vaccination
- Vaccine Stakeholders
- Vaccination Questions Answered
- Provide participants with essential and up to date knowledge on human vaccines
- Discuss the successes, challenges & opportunities to improve the immunisation programs in Africa
- Provide a forum for members of NITAGs to share national immunisation issues & identify areas for collaboration and technical capacity development
- Foster communication & networking among African vaccinologists