Inspiring Africa Through Immunology
- FAIS & IUIS are proud to launch a new initiative on the African continent: the FAIS Legacy Project.
- This first phase of funding will enable applicants to undertake a collaborative project in foreign laboratory
- Applicants will be talented 2nd, 3rd year (or higher) PhD students registered in countries in North, East, Southern, West and Central Africa. We will select 2 Students from each region.
- The objective of the award is to enhance immunology research in Africa and collaborations worldwide.
- The award will consist of $5000US per student for a 3-6 month research visit to a collaborating laboratory either within Africa or outside the continent.
- This will cover airfare and a stipend for the student. The collaborating laboratory is expected to contribute towards the costs of the visit.
- Closing date for applications is 1st December 2018 and awards will be taken up in the first half of 2019.
Applications now closed.