Photos from the course: ONCOIMMUNOLOGY-MEXICO Photos
Date: 5-8 October, 2016.
Location: San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, MEXICO.
Site: Hotel Misión San Miguel de Allende
- Supported by the International Union of Immunologists (IUIS), the Latin American Association of Immunology (ALAI) and the Mexican Society of Immunology (SMI), the IUIS-ALAI-SMI ONCOIMMUNOLOGY-MEXICO will be the first international course in its type in Latin America.
- This event will provide the fundamental knowledge and mechanisms underlying immune responses in cancer, the recent advances and emerging research.
- Moreover, it will encourage professional discussion on current strategies for therapeutic modulation of the immune system in cancer, between and among the next generation of leading Latin American Immunologists and outstanding national and international scientists.
- An opportunity for the participants to become acquainted with the most recent developments in the field of Oncology and Immunology and to establish contacts for future collaborations is highly expected.
- The target audience will include clinical and research fellows, postgraduate students interested and currently performing research in disciplines related to Immunology and Oncology, and scientists or other research professionals from biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies who are involved in developing new therapies in those biomedical fields.
- All participants will have free access to teaching material via Immunopaedia and are expected to have familiarized themselves with basic and clinical onco-immunology concepts.
- Table 1 below shows the course lecturer, title of their topic and the link to the section in this module for ease of reference
- At the end of each section there are multiple choice questions, where you can assess your knowledge as you proceed
Download the Presentation for this section:
Table 1: Lecturer, Title and Section to be found in the IMMUNOMEXICO pre-course material
Lecturer Title of lecture Section Pre-course topic in Immunopaedia
Dr. Mohar Hallmarks of Cancer & Epidemiology 1 Cancer Epidemiology and Etiology
Dr. Recillas Genomics and Epigenetics of Oncological Processes 1 Dr. Robles Signalling Pathways in Cancer 1 Dr. Quintero Breast Cancer 1 Dr. Moreno How Cancer Cells Interact with Immune System 2 Overview of innate and adaptative immunology
Dr. Ortiz Effector Cell Populations of Anti-tumor Immunity 2 Dr. Salazar Solid Tumors 2 Dr. Moreno How Cancer Cells Interact with Immune System 3 T lymphocyte mediated immunity
Dr. Ortiz Effector Cell Populations of Anti-tumor Immunity 3 Dr. Vignali Molecular Mechanisms of Lymphocyte Activation in Cancer 3 Dr. Moreno How Cancer Cells Interact with Immune System 4 B Lymphocytes and Antibodies
Dr. Ortiz Effector Cell Populations of Anti-tumor Immunity 5 Immune Responses to Cancer
Dr. Gajewski Immune Regulation in Cancer 5 Dr. Guzman Cancer Stem Cells 6 Cancer Stem Cells and Tumor-initiating cells
Dr. Flores-Figueroa Tumor Microenvironment: Hematological Malignancies as a Paradigm of Study 7 Tumor Microenvironment
Dr. Vignali Molecular Mechanisms of Lymphocyte Activation in Cancer 7 Dr. Letarte Role of Endothelial Cells in Tumor Progression 7 Dr. Fuentes-Panana Pathogen and Cancer 8 Pathogens and Cancer
Dr. Croci Vaccination in Cancer 9 Cancer Immunotherapy
Dr. Galluzzi Currently Available Anti-cancer Immunotherapies 9 Autophagy and other mechanisms of neoplastic cell control 9 Dr. Buque Immunological Effects of Chemotherapy and Targeted Anticancer Agents 9 Dr. Hassane Precision Cancer Medicine and Neoantigens Discovery 9 Dr. Goldaracena Acute Leukaemia Phenotyping: Euroflow Platform 10 Flow cytometry approaches in cancer
Dr. Juarez Data Acquisition in the BD FACSCanto II and Cell Analyses in Infinicyt Software: B-ALL, CLL, MM, PCD 10 Dr. Vadillo Cancer Stem & Early Progenitor Cell Flow Cytometry in Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Lung Cancer, Colon Cancer 10 Data Acquisition and Cell Analyses in the BD FACSCanto II: 10
The material in each section has been edited and compiled by the IMMUNOMEXICO team and IMMUNOPAEDIA (based at the University of Cape Town) and generously contributed by Professor Joseph A. Bellanti from his textbook, “IMMUNOLOGY IV: CLINICAL APPLICATIONS IN HEALTH AND DISEASE” under an agreement between I Care Press Inc, Immunopaedia (University of Cape Town) and the IUIS. The resource materials available for download have been supplied by each lecturer participating in the course.
For those interested in purchasing the printed version of “Bellanti JA (Ed). Immunology IV: Clinical Applications in Health and Disease. I Care Press, Bethesda, MD, 2012”, go to: www.immunologycenter.org or www.amazon.com.